Skip to main content

Week 9: Twitter

For my twitter account, I started by following the photographers that I was following on my Facebook page so that I could see how they translate the posts to twitter. After I followed two of my favorite photographers I started to search for photo sharing blogs that I can connect with. I searched for “photo sharing” pages first, but it didn’t show the pages that I was looking for. Then I searched “photo blogs” and I found some pages that showcase other photographer's work to their following.

Afterwards, I created two lists: one for the photographers that inspire me and one for twitter accounts that I will connect with to share my photos. I created these lists so that I can keep track of who I am following and so that my followers can see who inspires my work. By creating these lists I can stay organized and easily access the accounts that I want to find.

For my content I think that the best time to post my content is either in the afternoon or at night because that is when teenagers and young adults are online. During these times they are either on lunch break or just getting home so they are more likely to check on their social media. However, I will continue to monitor my statuses and adjust the times that I post accordingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A: My Template

For my template I went with a sleek base and green banner because of my passion for minimalist aesthetics. I wanted to provide my readers with some professionalism as well as a visually appealing blog which would make the readers more engaged. This template is visually appealing and doesn't have too many components that would distract the reader from my posts. Some of the other templates I saw had banners, which are nice, however, I believe that it would be a distraction. I enjoy clean backgrounds so that the posts stand out. The strip of green on the top of the page adds some variation, but keeps the blog clean. For this class, this template fit my needs and is easy access for my peers. The text is large enough so that my posts are readable and the links are clear and easily accessible. Overall, I thought this was the sleekest template compared to the other options.

Week 2A: Overview of Social Media

When it comes to using social media for personal use, I think that the best platform to use completely depends on what you plan on using social media for. For example, if you want to use social media to showcase your artwork or photography samples, then Instagram would be the way to go. However, if you want to be able to quickly communicate with friends and family from out of town, then Facebook would be best to get the job done. It all completely depends on what YOU need. Maybe you want to have a place to rant or log your daily thoughts and that would fit perfectly with how Twitter is designed. Sometimes you can even use multiple platforms so that all of your personal needs are met. In my opinion, Instagram is my favorite platform because I love photography and it is easy to set hashtags to showcase my photos to people around the world. I can then build a community and receive feedback on what I can improve on in the future. Nowadays almost all social media platforms have advertiseme

Week 4A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

The first website I clicked on was the one by Jami Lin. My first impression was that it looked messy and chaotic. The colors are kind of unappealing and there are too many button to click on. In my opinion, if they could clean up the tabs and choose a more aesthetically pleasing background then it would make the website instantly better. There doesn’t seem to be any branding either so I would say that they should include some sort of logo as the focal point of the page. Overall, the website looks very outdated as if it were coded by hand when nowadays there are easy website builders that look a lot better. The next website I looked at was by Penny Juice America. This one was a little better than the first website, but it could still use a little update. First I would recommend that they use less bright colors and try to stick to a theme so that the page looks more clean and put together. The layout looks okay, but if I am being critical I would say to remove the banner at the bottom